Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beary nice gocco prints

Recently I took a lesson from John D-C on the print gocco machine. A self contained printing machine that lets you do miniature prints through exposing a screen and stamping gocco ink through it. It was fast, it was furious, it was quite neat.

I had been working on a series of drawings called Bears with beats. I have turned some of them into little gocco prints (above). These are available for sale at Sweets Workshop

Inking up my exposed screen

The drying rack for Bear & breakbeats

Water colouring the 1979 walkman on Bear & baby beats

2 comments:

  1. I love the happy expression on mr polar bears face! and the cross hatching on the panda and sun bear turned out fantastic.

    I wonder what they are all listening to on their various music machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Emma! When I can scratch up enough $$ I think I'll have to snap one up for my niece! Could you please personalise hers with a grizzly in a hotdog eating competition? x

    ReplyDelete