Friday, February 15, 2013

Branding Sprout & Bean Catering

The fabulous cooking duo Kate Allan and Meredith Walker-Harding have started their own vegetarian/vegan catering company called Sprout and Bean. The girls have been cooking up or rawing up dishes for high teas, birthday parties, weddings and events.

For their new venture Sprout and Bean needed a logo, this is where I come in. Kate and Meredith make everything by hand, their food styling  also reflects this with hand written chalk boards and menus, with a touch of vintage table settings, they recycle , reuse and repurpose items that they have collected to display their fabulous food creations.



For the logo, I wanted it to be created by hand. I wrote the business name by hand and incorporated a reference to sprout and bean, which appear to be growing on the writing like on a vine. I then painted a not so perfect heart shaped leaf with water colour to contain the logo. I this the logo is a representation of the ethos of the business. I had them printed on a recycled paper stock, I'm really happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment